At Hip2Toe Podiatry, our Cairns podiatry surgery will be able to assess your hip pain, and determine the best podiatric management available for your hip pain. Foot function has a lot to do with hip positioning, and with over 48000 hip replacements in Australia every year, proper biomechanical examination of your lower limb is required, to ensure conservative management gives you the best chance of avoiding a hip replacement. If you have any specific questions to ask our Hip2Toe Podiatry team at our Cairns Podiatry surgery, do not hesitate in emailing us or phoning us directly. The excessive calcaneal eversion that takes place in many people’s gait, will lead to excessive internal rotation of the neck of the femur, where it enters the hip at the acetabulum. Our Cairns podiatry facilities allow complete biomechanical examination to take place. This will pinpoint areas of concern and allow us to diagnoses and prescribe relevant management for your condition. For more information on foot function, check on our podiatry services page.
Hip pain management by Hip2Toe Podiatry.
There are many factors which may relate to your hip pain, so the Podiatrist at Hip2Toe Podiatry will take a complete history, and any necessary vascular, neurological or biomechanical tests, to completely evaluate your hip pain. When forming a diagnosis, the recommendations for managing your hip pain may prevent having to resort to a hip replacement at this present time. We have many management strategies for hip pain including the following:
Hip2Toe Podiatry hip pain treatments at our Cairns surgery.
GeoClean health podiatry physical therapy for hip pain, available at our Cairns surgery.
- We are able to carry out physical therapy, including Myofascial trigger point therapy to the posterior lower limb, to decrease the amount of muscle spasm in calf area muscles, that often lead to further compromise in optimal hip function. Ask about Hip2Toe Podiatry physical therapy at our Cairns Podiatry surgery today.
- Very often the Hip2Toe Podiatry hip pain strengthening exercises may be beneficial, to improve muscle function and biomechanical function in the hip, therefore decreasing hip pain experienced.
- 3. Hip pain and stretches have a relationship, as excessive tightness in the hip joints restricts hip motion. The Hip2Toe Podiatry hip pain stretching exercise plan will help to alleviate the strain on hip joints, and is available at our Cairns podiatry surgery.
- 4. Very often the Hip2Toe Podiatry proprioceptive and special training program will be beneficial for improving your hip function. We prescribe sets of proprioceptive training exercises in a short, medium and long term plans, to ensure you are able to receive optimum proprioceptive awareness( or awareness of where you are in time and space) to allow maximum hip joint control while walking.
- 5. Hip2Toe Podiatry professional prescription foot orthotics, our Cairns podiatry orthotics especially designed to address your hip function, to allow the best possible outcome for your short, medium and long term hip pain reduction.
Why professional prescription foot orthotics for hip pain?
Professional prescription foot orthotics from Hip2Toe Podiatry allows a most effective orthotic orthotic solution to be put in place to manage your hip pain. Think about it this way. You have been walking in a foot position for most of your life, which may have been generating biomechanical forces on your hip joint, that have led to many of the changes that resulted in your hip pain. The solution? Quite clearly, you require professional podiatric hip pain management by one of our podiatrists at Hip2Toe Podiatry, including full Podiatric biomechanical assessment and Hip pain assessment.
The Hip2Toe Podiatry hip pain assessment program will lead to a diagnosis of the involvement of your feet and lower limbs in the pain you are experiencing.
Our hip pain treatment goals are then about prescribing professional Hip2Toe Podiatry professional foot orthotics to alter the strain being put on your hip from the feet up. Thousands of patients have benefited from podiatric management of hip pain, and assessment will only take about one hour and fifteen minutes of your time. Please contact us by email or call us to discuss your personalized Hip2Toe Podiatry Hip pain management plan.